My March Madness does not really involve basketball, although that tends to dominate the tv in our house because hubby is into the tournament. So far, this March is a flurry of appointments and evaluations for Nicholas because his third birthday (on the 16th) put him into a different category for the special education services he receives.
Also, I am trying to get in a mini family vacation in the form of a long weekend before my employee gives birth next month because I’m sure I’ll be particularly busy when that happens since there will be less help at the toy library. However, I’m not sure if we will be able to visit my family in Virginia as planned this coming weekend because the whole family has been struck with a terrible chest cold.
In the meantime, I have been contacted by an investor who is intrigued by the concept of my business and is willing to fund its movement toward the next level. This makes for some very awkward timing, though, because I’ve actually been considering selling the business to focus more on family in hopes to alleviate some of the problems we’ve been having with Nick. I will be meeting with four different potential buyers this week.
As all of this is happening, I have also been contacted by a local principal to who I’d sent my resume a while back. She wants to interview me for a position that will become available next month when a teacher goes on leave. I’d love to go back into the classroom, but this is awfully short notice and the whole point of selling the toy library is to spend more time with my family, but I guess it won’t hurt to meet with her. It’s very difficult to get a teaching job in Pennsylvania, so I would hate to throw away an opportunity if it involves benefits and a retirement plan-two things being a small business owner currently does not have going for it.
Also, I have submitted my resume to the online university where my father is an executive officer. I do have the necessary qualifications to teach for them and I hear they are looking to expand their staff. I’m not holding my breath for that one because of their anti-nepotism policy, but being able to work from home, bring in a set income, and have benefits, would be amazing!
So, do I stay in and work with the investor myself, get out while the getting’s good, go back to teaching in the classroom, stay at home with the kids, or try to teach online? That’s the question of the hour, which I guess will be decided by whether anyone actually buys it or not.
In addition, we are continuing the kitchen remodel, now in its 6th month, and have about 2/3 of a floor thanks to my wonderful in-laws putting in a 10-hour workday at our house and the fact that Eddie was willing to stay up until 1am working on it.
One day things will calm down a little, perhaps, but certainly not this month!