Are your kids into slime too? My girls are OBSESSED with this stuff. They have turned the kids’ bathroom into a chemistry lab. But, unfortunately a lot of the recipes they find online include things that we don’t keep on hand, like borax and contact lens solution. We don’t have that stuff, so they needed learn how to make slime with things we do have. This easy two ingredient slime comes together very quickly and the girls had fun squishing it around.
I do have to warn you, though, that slime is messy. I feel like that should be a given, but it needs to be said. Just like every other method for making homemade slime my girls have ever tried, despite their claims to the contrary, I did find it sticky and in the future I’ll be making this an outside activity.
I did like that this method only uses two ingredients, and we already had both of them.
Ok, you want to learn how to make slime?
You Will Need:
- A small plastic container for mixing (take out containers work well)
- A plastic spoon
- Shower gel
- Place about 3/4 cup of cornstarch in the container
- Slowly add half a cup of shower gel and stir until smooth and slimy
- Add extra cornstarch if the mixture is too wet and sticky or extra gel in tiny amounts if it is too crumbly and dry.
- After combining the cornstarch and shower gel well, use your hands to knead it further.
- Hint: You can use dish soap or shampoo instead of shower gel
- Bonus Hint: You can also add food coloring or glitter if you want to make your slime fancy.
If your kids love slime as much as mine do, then God bless you because I know how much patience it takes to live in a slime lab!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest.
If you like this post, you might also like: