This recipe for my Lemon Garlic Broccoli Pasta is a quick and healthy dinner that you can get on the table in 20 minutes, using only five ingredients (plus salt and pepper). It can also be eaten cold, so it’s a great option for taking leftovers to work for lunch. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free. What’s not to love?
If you aren’t worried about gluten, then go ahead and use any kind of pasta. I personally like the rice noodles because not only are they gluten free, but they cook in just five minutes. This meal is very budget friendly, especially if you substitute out linguine noodles. If you already have olive oil at home, you can make this meal for four people for less than $5.
My youngest daughter doesn’t care for tomato-based pasta dishes, so this is a good choice for her. It’s also a good, easy option if you are hosting a dinner for guests who are vegetarians. You could always have shrimp or chicken on the side for meat-eaters to add to their bowls.
One of the best parts of this dish is how versatile it is because you can add whatever you want. I think shrimp would be great if you eat seafood. Prefer it more saucy? Add a little bit of vegetable stock. I also think sesame or sunflower seeds could also be a good way to bulk it up a bit and add some crunch. Or maybe you like mushrooms. Let me know if you try it!
- One bag of frozen broccoli, thawed
- One box of noodles
- one lemon
- two cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Boil a pot of water and cook noodles
- 2. While noodles cook, dice or press garlic cloves and saute in olive oil
- 3. Add broccoli to oil and saute until it reaches your desired consistency
- 4. Add the juice and zest of one lemon to the broccoli mixture
- 5. Salt and pepper to taste
- 6. Drain noodles and add them to the broccoli. Stir.