Last year, I was concerned that Nicholas wasn’t quite ready for kindergaren, so we started him out with K¹², an online public school. It was awesome. They sent us a TON of resources and I got to work with him at home. Because of the public school aspect, all of the costs for the materials were covered by the tax dollars we already pay and I was able to collaborate with several certified teachers and an occupational therapist who had experience dealing with special needs, like the ones he has.
Now that I am working more, releasing my book and founding The BlogU Conference, Nick is back in our local public school this year, but I do miss seeing his progress every day and working with the amazing resources that we had through K¹². So, when they asked if I would be willing to share their new online Pre-K program with you, I was more than happy to. Since this is an optional pre-school program, it is paid for by the parents (us), but it is still much more affordable than a traditional preschool and it fits your unique situation.
For example, Penny has a very late December birthday and will be almost four years old before she is elligible to start a 3-year-old preschool class. I am going to be using this program with her next year to brige that gap.
It’s called EmbarK¹² You can see the 5 minute video about the program here:
It is very similar to the online portion of the kindergarten programming that Nick was doing last year, but geared towards slightly younger kids.
Nick LOVED the online games that were part of the K¹² program. Because he has such a hard time grasping a pencil and writing, being able to use the computer to help show what he knows was a real blessing.
There are two different options: EmbarK¹² Online, which is online only, and EmbarK¹² Comprehensive, which includes a lot more bells and whistles.
• 830+ online activities for early learners ages 3-6
• Developed by educational experts, this supplemental Pre-K program makes learning fun, dynamic, and enriching.
• 12 units of activities, each with related content and activities, covering Math, Language and Literacy, and topics from the world around them. Examples of topics include “Travel and Explore,” “Our World,” and “Story Time.”
• $59 for a 12-month subscription
• Exclusive IZEA Discount: 50% discount on EmbarK¹² Online for the next 7 days using promo code EmbarkSpecial (Normally $59 for a 12-month subscription; $29.50 with discount)
• You can purchase EmbarK¹² Online here:
As for the bells and whistles…
• Over 1,200 age-appropriate activities, engaging children using a wide variety of interactive multimedia and hands-on materials – over 288 hours of activities in all!
• 18 thematic units covering 6 subjects: Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Music, and Art. Examples of themes include: Family and Friends, My Five Senses, and Looking at Animals.
• $286/year for a 12-month subscription and all of the upgrade kits including hands-on manipulative
You can purchase EmbarK¹² Comprehensive here:
If you are concerned about Kindergarten readiness like we were for Nick, you can visit the EmbarK¹² page and preview Sample lessons:
AND for the next 7 days, if you use the promo code EmbarkSpecial, they are offering 50% off the EmbarK¹² Online package. (Normally $59 for a 12-month subscription; now $29.50 with discount)
That means you can get a virtual year of pre-school for only $29.50.
I’m not that good at math, but I think that $2.50 per month for a year of preschool is a pretty awesome deal!
Especially since I have THREE kids who can benefit from it this year. (Penny will be turning three this year, Abby is turning five, and Nick is turning seven, but can definitely still use the review.)
Even though they are paying me to say this, I want you to know that I really do believe in this product as both an educator and a parent. I use it for my own kids and I feel very comfortable recommending it to you to use with yours.
*If you have any issues with website accepting the discount code, call the help line at 1.866.637.1985. They were able to set me up with my account in less than ten minutes.
UPDATE: We had a little hiccup with the code at first, but it is working now!