Hey everyone! Chelsea here, back again with a tutorial on how to save money on all the stuff everyone hates buying. I remember when I first got married, complaining to my mom about the cost of shampoo, razors, and deodorant. I couldn’t get over how much it tacked on to my regular grocery list. One of those #adulting things that as a kid, I never put a second thought into how much money my parents spent on all of the essentials every month.
Today’s app is Swagbucks. Swagbucks has a smaller number of offers, so I don’t use it as much as Ibotta, but it still has helped me to save over $150!
Here’s how it works:
Open the Swagbucks app and click on the Shop icon at the bottom of the screen. Then click Magic Receipts at the top. Scroll through the offers and select Add to List for any offers you’d like to redeem. Click on the picture to read the details. 1 Swagbuck (SB) equals 1 cent. 100 SB = $1. Often, there is a certain amount you have to buy to receive the rebate and it is only eligible at the stores listed so make sure you read the details before purchasing!
After purchasing the products at one of the eligible stores, open the app, and under shop–magic receipts, click the Submit Receipt button on the bottom of the screen. It will prompt you to take a photo of your receipt and select the offers you are redeeming. Once the SB’s are in your account, you can redeem them for a gift card. I typically choose Paypal or Amazon, but there are tons of options. They often have “sales” on the Amazon gift cards which makes the rebates stretch even farther so keep an eye out for that!
Here’s the breakdown:
Let’s try it on this deal for Morton’s SeasonALL. The Swagbucks offer is to buy 2 get 400 SB ($4). It must be purchased at Walmart.
- Buy 2 Morton’s SeasonALL for $1.62 each. Check on the Walmart.com app before going to the store to make sure they are in stock!
- Submit your receipt to the Swagbucks app to receive $4 back making this deal a $.76 moneymaker!
Let’s try another deal and combine it with an Ibotta rebate.
- Buy 2 Lemishine Dishwasher Cleaner for $6.97 each. This rebate is also only available at Walmart–don’t forget to check the app for availability first!
- Submit your receipt to Swagbucks for $5 back.
- Submit your receipt to Ibotta for $3.50 back for each pack.
- Your total cost for both packs is $1.94.
I just did a Lemishine dishwasher detergent tabs deal using Swagbucks and Ibotta, but didn’t think to take screenshots before redeeming my offers so I don’t have them to show you. I got 3 packs of the dish tabs for $3.97 each. I had an offer for $5 back on SB and it also credited me for an additional $1.50! Next, I submitted my receipt to Ibotta for $2 back for each pack. I made $.59 on these! I’ve seen this offer a bunch of times since I downloaded the app a few months ago and have taken advantage of it every time. I haven’t paid for dishwasher detergent in months and that makes me ridiculously happy.
Other things I’ve scored from SB for free or super cheap? Method hand soap, chocolate bars, Alba shampoo and conditioner, Green Giant frozen vegetables, kid’s toothpaste, Gillette deodorant, and Colgate toothpaste, and Secret deodorant.
- It’s only a few cents, but SB always has offers for any brand of produce. Right now, I have rebates for broccoli, potatoes, carrots, lemons, tomatoes, and more. Add them to your list and submit your receipt!
- Inbox Dollars is the exact same app as Swagbucks and typically has the same offers! You can do the same deals on both apps, but you must purchase the deals twice and they need to be on separate receipts. You cannot submit the same receipt to both apps.
- If you like playing games on your smartphone, go to the Discover section and look through the game offers. I’ve earned over $50 by getting to a set level in x amount of time. I google the name of the game and Swagbucks and Reddit has advice for how to beat the game before your offer runs out.
- Download the extension on your computer. The extension will pop up with offers if the site you are on has anything available on Swagbucks. I used SB to get $17.50 back on my first Fabletics purchase and I can’t get over what a great deal it made my new biker shorts. Cheaper than shopping at Target!
Since I started couponing earlier this year, I’ve been able to donate personal care items to our local Children’s Home and be generous with friends and family. I love being able to pass along things I know my siblings and parents use and chances are if you come to my house, I’m sending you home with toothpaste.
Looking for more ways to save? Check out these posts on how to use Ibotta, Shopkick, and Coupons.com to save hundreds of dollars. Ibotta has tons of bonuses right now so if you haven’t downloaded the app, now is the time. In the last two days, I’ve earned an extra $10 in bonuses! Are there any apps I’m missing out on? I’ve got a couple more store and rebate apps to share with you so stay tuned for a few more posts!