Hey everyone, Chelsea here, back again with another way to save money! Have you tried out Ibotta or Shopkick yet? This week I hit $500 in total rebates on Ibotta and I must say, I’m feeling prett-y good about myself. We have noticed a change in our budget in the last few months. I am spending almost nothing on personal care and have significantly decreased our grocery spending. Just yesterday, I transferred $70 through Paypal from rebate apps.
This week, I’m sharing a super simple way to coupon without actually having to buy a newspaper for coupon inserts. Have you ever heard of Coupons.com? Coupons.com has two features: digital coupons and printable coupons.
The coupons are the same on the app and the website, it just gives you two different chances to use them.
Here’s how it works:
On the app, select the coupon you’d like to use. Then click activate. Once you’ve selected all the offers you want to use, click redeem in the bottom right corner. Select the store where you purchased the item. Take a photo of the receipt. If the app won’t take a picture, change the setting from auto to manual on the bottom left corner. Click finish. Scan the barcodes of the items that apply to the receipt.
Coupons.com is not as big of an earner as other apps like Ibotta and Shopkick, but it is so easy to use. I love that it pays out through Paypal automatically and you don’t have to reach a certain amount to cash out. Within a few hours of submitting the receipt, I typically have the cashback waiting in my Paypal account. No need to transfer from Coupons.com to Paypal. Just send it to your bank account!
The website version is pretty simple. Scroll through the coupons and clip the ones you’d like to print by clipping the blue + sign. The coupons on the website are available for a short time so if you see a coupon for something you’d like, print it! Click the blue Print button in the right corner. They are good to use for longer than they are available on the website. They are typically able to be printed one or two times only.
There’s a killer deal at Target right now on Sunscreen that I’ll walk you through. One of my favorite Target Instagram accounts to follow is Total_Savings.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Buy (2) 30 SPF Coppertone Sunscreens at Target for $6.99 each
- Clip the 20% off coupon on the Target Circle app.
- Clip the $2 off 1 coupon on the Target Circle app.
- Scan your receipt to Coupons.com for a $2 rebate OR use a printable coupon from the website when you checkout.
- Submit your receipt to Ibotta (tutorial here!) for $2.50 back for each sunscreen (limit of 2 at a time).
- Use your Target Red Card if you have one for an additional 5% off.
- $13.98 retail price – $12.36 in coupons and rebates =$1.62 for 2 or $.81 each!
That is an amazing price for sunscreen! I have already done this deal once this week and am planning to do it again today. My Ibotta rebate reset two days after the first redemption. Between vacations and pool days, my family uses a ton of sunscreen and the cost adds up quickly. I am definitely stocking up at this price!
- Coupons.com rebates only work on items that have not had a coupon applied at checkout. Since we bought two sunscreens and only used one coupon at checkout (from the Target Circle app), we can receive a $2 rebate for the other sunscreen.
- % off coupons still work with Coupons.com paper and digital coupons.
- Stack your savings by combining Coupons.com offers with Ibotta, Shopkick, Swagbucks, and Fetch!
- There is ALWAYS a rebate for Covergirl on coupons.com. You don’t need to pay full price for makeup ever again!
Do you think you will give this app a try? Do you have any questions or suggestions for other apps I should check out? I’d love to hear from you!