Yesterday I was sick. Although my husband is amazing and let me sleep in, (when you are a mom of three 8:00 is sleeping in) I still had to deal with the kids to the best of my ability for the rest of the day.
Looking around at all the junk food and unwashed masses, I couldn’t help but think that this felt vaguely familiar. Then it hit me…
When the mom in a family is sick, it is pretty much exactly the same as living in a college frat house.
Hear me out.
1. The food- Forget well-balanced meals or vegetables of any kind, for that matter. Tuesdays are $1.99 Happy Meal days at our McDonald’s and we took full advantage on the way home from school pick-up.
2. My husband may have showered yesterday, but I know for a fact that the kids and I were greasy little monkeys.
3. Much like a frat house, the sheets are gross.
4. I backed out of all my appointments like a college kid skipping class.
5. When you are a college boy who passes out this is what happens: (Sorry Chris. That’s my husband in the middle proud of his handy work on one of his roommates.)
When you are a mom, if you fall asleep for 2 minutes this is what happens (if you are lucky. It could be a lot worse.)
See? It’s basically the same thing.
Except you are expected to do it sober.