It’s time for the next installment of Get Skinny Saturday!
In case this is your first time stopping by, let’s recap. I put my weight on the internet a few weeks ago and I am making small changes every week. I’d like to eventually lose 40 pounds. I’m doing it very slowly. My goal is 1 or 2 pounds a week and I’m not following any specific diet plan, nor do I have any intentions of starting one. (So please do not try to sell me yours.) I am eating mostly real food and fitting in exercise daily as I can, which at this point is usually through a daily 15-20 minute YouTube video. I am a work-at-home mom with three young children and no childcare. It’s not super easy, but it’s not that hard either. If you want to follow along and make small changes too, I’d love to have you along for the ride!
What I did this week:
- I continued drinking mostly water, although I did slip a little toward the end of the week and have some iced tea and soda.
- I did YouTube exercise videos 6 days this week. I prefer YouTube because there is a variety of stuff to do, it’s free, and I don’t need the TV. I set up my video on the laptop and I set my kids up on the real TV with a video or show of their own. Yes, I am using the TV as a babysitter. So sue me.
- Instead of just the “walk a mile in 15 minutes” videos I was doing, I started adding Zumba and kick boxing videos a few days this week.
- I had fruit and yogurt smoothies for breakfast a few days this week.
- I started using my sourdough starter to make bread/pancakes/etc. instead of white flour.
- I did not eat any white bread or put any white sugar in anything while we were at home.
- We still ate out more than we probably should have. I can think of four times this week: I ate enchiladas from a Mexican restaurant, Chick Fil A (twice), and a cheese steak sub. I told you before that I really like to eat and I have no intention of having only salads and hummus every day for the rest of my life. I am confident that as long as I am making healthy choices about 80% of the time, the weight will still come off, albeit slowly. I know myself well enough to say that if I had decided to never eat cheese steak again, I would have quit by now. Or I would be very cranky and making my entire family miserable.
- I prayed a bout it. I realized I had been trying to do take this journey in my own strength, which is always a bad idea. So I asked for help.
Start Weight, Week 1: 180.2
Week 2: 178.6 pounds
Current Weight: 177.8
That’s a 0.8 pounds loss this week. A little bit shy of my goal of at least 1 pound a week, but I’m not complaining. I also have to take into account that I got my “visit from Aunt Flo” yesterday-the same day I did the weigh-in.
I am down 2.6 pounds in 2 weeks.
At this rate, it might take me a year to hit my goal weight of 140, but I am truly okay with that.
To paraphrase my grandmother, “That time is going to go by anyway, you might as well work towards having what you want at the end of it.
Hopefully we can continue to watch the scale go down together.