This post contains an Amazon affiliate link for your convenience.
If you have been following my blog for a while, you know I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Lately I have been working hard to eat healthy, and one of the ways I am doing that is to try to incorporate more meatless meals into my diet. Since my husband isn’t a huge fan of that particular lifestyle change (he will always be a hardcore carnivore), I eat a lot of those meals as my lunches during the week. This meatless burrito bowl is my favorite meatless meal because it is flavorful and filling, but also really good for me. And as an added bonus, it only takes a few minutes to throw together.
Healthy Eating Tip: At the beginning of the week, I like to mix together a can of corn and a can of black beans, that have both been drained, with a can of mild tomatoes with chiles. Throughout the week I use that mixture in a ton of meals. Sometimes I eat with with eggs at breakfast. Sometimes I put it over half of an avocado. Sometimes I hollow out a tomato and fill that up with my mixture. Or sometimes I just put it straight into a tortilla shell for a quick lunch. You get the idea.
I also like to keep quick-cooking brown rice, like these Minute Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice cups on hand.
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of mild tomatoes with chiles
- 1 cup of brown rice, cooked
- half of one avocado, diced
- 1. Mix corn, beans, and tomatoes and warm in sauce pan.
- 2. Cook Ready to Serve Minute Rice
- 3. Dice avocado
- 4. Mix all ingredients in one bowl and serve
- This mixture can also be used to stuff hollowed tomatoes or inside of tortilla shells.
You might also like: